Friday, August 27, 2010

A Shopaholic's Den




If you are a true-blue online shopper, you would have heard of this blog shop reviewer - A Shopaholic's Den.  A Shopaholic's Den is the pioneer blog shop review site and has sparked a trend in the online shop blogosphere. So now we see the woman behind the screen, and see how it all began.

--------------------------------------


1.       What made you want to start a review blog shop, when so many others are having their own blog shops?
I started off as a shopper initially and I realised that there were too many updates from too many blogshops. There was no one place that grouped all the updates together, which resulted in missing out on a lot of great deals by blogshops. I then decided to start a blog (back then) that focused on only the updates from various blogshops in Malaysia! It turned out to be a big hit and it has been 2 years since. I have big plans for ASD and the Malaysian online shopping scene *grins*

2.       How did you come up with the name?
The name came about when I decided to have a place where all shopaholics can gather and get the latest updates and news about the blogshops in Malaysia

Yien Yee, the writer of A Shopaholic's Den


3.       When you started off, did you have any idea that it would reach such a large audience?
To be honest, no. I had no idea back then how big the industry was or how many blogshops/shoppers there were!

4.       How frequent do you update?
At least once a day

5.       How do you find time to juggle managing the blog and your life? College and work and stuff?
I currently have a full time job, ASD is my part time hobby. It’s not easy to juggle the time as I often get rather tired from my job. But I always put aside some time at the end of my day to work on ASD because I believe there is much to explore in this area and that sharing great news (shopping updates!) is caring.

6.       Are your family supportive in this?
Yes, they are

7.       How was planning a bazaar like?
Stressful, hectic and definitely not as fun as it sounds like as its being in the middle to deal with vendors, trying to get as many shoppers to drop by as possible, negotiating for the venue and making it a success. But I have to say, despite the sleepless nights, difficulties and crazy moments, to see a bazaar unfold at the end of it all is great satisfaction

8.       What are your future aspirations for the blog? Do you hope to expand into something bigger?
Yes I do. As a matter of fact, ASD is currently in the process of upgrading to ASD v3.0 for its 2nd anniversary this year. Myself and new partners are looking forward to see it unfold so that we can have a site that covers more on the online shopping scene and also a more interactive and user friendly site as we are looking into tapping into a new market and getting more people aware about online shopping

9.       Do you have anything special to say to your blog followers who have been avidly checking ashopaholicsden.com?
I would personally like to thank all of my blog followers, weather the blogshops or shoppers because you guys have been great in offering feedback, suggestions, helping me improve and also attending the bazaars that I have organized or been a part of. Look out for the new upgrade by ASD real soon. Can’t wait to share it with you guys!

For more fashion blogshop updates! Do check out: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger