Imagine coming home from a long, tiring, hectic day, and you have been out and about, under the hot sun, with dirt and dust flying around. The first thing you would want to do is to hit the hay (I know I would), but you need to take a step back from that one.
Developing a good skin care regime is important. Routine it may be, but soothing it is. A good shower and a skin care routine is a perfect, soothing and relaxing way to end and the day and to unwind yourself after a hard day’s work.
And the regime of cleansing-toning-moisturizing doesn’t take more than 10 minutes. Really.
1. 1. Cleanse
Cleansing is an all important step. It removes dirt, grime, oil, dead skin cells that sticks to your skin and clogs your pores, which leads to formation of oil seeds (milia seeds) or acne.
· Wash your face with warm water to unclogs pores.
· Apply a dollop of your cleanser on your palm and dab it over your face, starting with your t-zone, rubbing gently and in circular motions.
· Rinse with cool water.
· You’re done! Time for step 2!
2. 2. Exfoliate
Think of it as a facial scrub. It removes dead cells at the surface; allowing new cells to grow. And yes, this gives you the healthy, fresh and vibrant glow.
Make this a weekly or a twice-a-week activity. Overdoing it causes your skin dry out, which gives a papery-thin feeling and causes fine wrinkles and sometimes, your skin will have spots or may even change to a dull colour.
3. 3. Tone
Some people do swear by it and some don’t. Toner closes the pores, removes traces of dirt and oil, and it makes you feel fresh.
· Damp your cotton ball with toner.
· Wipe across your t-zone.
· Enjoy the cooling effect and wait for a few minutes to let it soak in.
· …And you’re ready for the last step!
The last step! Some people apply it after showering, or after applying toner or washing your face. Moisturizers acts as a sealant which traps water in the surface, forming a barrier to prevent water loss, which also gives you a smooth and soft skin.
· Pat your face dry.
· Apply moisturizer – from neck upwards to forehead in a gentle motion.
· Don’t hit the hay just yet! Let the moisturizer sink it, or you’ll be getting it all over your pillows.
Yes, it does seem pretty daunting, I know. Putting in your effort to stick true to a skin care regime is difficult, but it’s a small price to pay when you get excellent results. Although once you get the hang of it, you will come to love and enjoy the whole process.